• "Kol Chai" means "a living voice" and embodies what we strive to be - a living voice of active Reform Judaism, rooted in tradition but alive to the modern world.
• We call ourselves a Community rather than a Synagogue as a constant reminder that it is people, not buildings, which matter most.
We seek to be:-
• warm and welcoming to all who wish to pray, learn, socialise, celebrate or mourn together;
• intimate, caring and united in mutual respect and tolerance;
• dedicated to the study of Torah, developing meaningful worship, and performing acts of loving kindness;
• inspirational through our activities and the support we give each other in the continuity of our Jewish heritage;
• "large enough to serve your needs and small enough to know your name";
• an open, dynamic community of men and women of all ages, families of all backgrounds and supportive of all Jewish Lifestyles.
To achieve this we will:-
• continually develop a wide and innovative range of spiritual, educational, social and community action activities, recognising that the development and expression of Jewish identity can be a different journey for all;
• lovingly teach our children the awareness of, commitment to, and the enjoyment of Judaism;
• create and sustain strong bonds of friendship and mutual support among our members;
• tackle our task with robust determination, challenging aspiration and good humour;
• encourage the active personal involvement of all our members and their families to help fulfil and perpetuate our aims.