Kol Chai is involved in various Social Action projects. This support is both financial, through money raised from members from the annual High Holyday appeal, and practical, through the involvement of Kol Chai individuals in a variety of projects.
In April 2013 we joined with our local partner synagogues in supporting the Harrow Foodbank, a multi-faith project that will provide emergency food and support to local people in crisis.
Other Social Action activities at Kol Chai include:
• Collections of non-perishable food and toiletries for destitute asylum seekers and homeless people at Succot & Pesach
• Donations of fruit and vegetables from our Succah to the homeless shelter in Watford
• Volunteers supporting the Christmas lunch for the lonely in Pinner
• Organising a Bagel Brunch for World Jewish Relief
• A wide range of mitzvah projects undertaken by our B'nei Mitzvah youngsters in support of charities in Britain, Israel and around the world
• Taking part in Mitzvah Day
• Foodbank Appeal